We designed this 4-week learning challenge for any young person who wants to take action and make positive social and environmental change. With loads of UnSchool content from systems thinking to agency development and creativity, we have packed this 4-week program full of exciting and motivating content that's perfect to get any young mind activated, engaged and passionate about being a positive force for good on the world around them.
Weekly themed content and daily doses of new knowledge with activities and challenges to help you get activated!
Loads of content to read and watch, crafted and curated by Leyla Acaroglu, to help young people gain the skills needed to make positive social and environmental change.
Get the Design Systems Change Handbook, Design Play Cards, Kids Designercise Kit AND Meet Your Brain Toolkit -- a pack worth over $100!
Take the 4-week sprint but get access to the content for 6 months! Learn at your own speed, as each week is unlocked when you complete the challenge quiz at the end.
Learn about: systems thinking, sustainability, activating your own agency, how to expand your sphere of influence, innovation and creativity, how the brain works and understanding the human experience to help make more change!
Dr. Leyla Acaroglu
UnSchool Founder + Global Change Maker
- Welcome to the UnSchool Online!
- All About this Course FREE PREVIEW
- Who is this Program for? FREE PREVIEW
- Watch: An introduction to the UnSchool Knowledge Content FREE PREVIEW
- How to get the most out of this course
- Introduction to the Activation Program! FREE PREVIEW
- A quick note before you start...
- Download the Design Systems Change Handbook
- Week 1 Kick Off!
- Week 1 Full Overview Video
- Kick Off Activity
- Read: Sphere of Influence
- Instructions: Explore your Sphere of Influence
- Activity: Explore Your Sphere of Influence Worksheet
- BONUS Download: Our Superpower Activation PDF Pack
- Watch: Reflexive Thinking
- Read: Reflective Thinking
- Do: Developing Reflexive Thinking
- Watch: Critical Thinking
- Read: Critical Thinking
- Read: Observation and Mindfulness
- Do: Systems Observation Worksheet
- Watch: Shifting Mindsets
- Read: Embracing a Curiosity Mindset
- Watch: Fixed and Growth Mindsets
- Do: Fixed vs Growth Mindset Worksheet
- Watch: Framing Change Through Storytelling FREE PREVIEW
- Read: The Hero's Journey
- Do: Hero's Journey Worksheet
- Watch: What to do when you get stuck
- Watch: How to deal with Procrastination
- Read: How to Overcome Inaction
- Download: Barriers to Action Worksheets
- Week 1 Knowledge Check Challenge!
- Week 2 Kick off!
- Watch: Systems & Sustainability kick off
- WATCH: Sustainability and Systems
- Read: What is Sustainability?
- Read and Do: Your Ecological Footprint
- Watch: Redesigning Disposability
- Download: The Post Disposable Personal Activation Kit
- Activity: Post Disposable Design Worksheet
- BONUS Download the Design Play Cards (in English and Spanish)
- Read: The United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals
- Watch: The Global Goals
- Check out the The 17 Goals
- Activty: UN Sustainable Development Goals Challenge
- Download: The SDG Challenge Worksheet
- Watch: Adopting a Systems Perspective
- Read: What is Systems Thinking
- Read: Developing a Systems Mindset
- Activity: Systems at Play Worksheet
- Read: What Defines a System?
- Read: Feedback Loops
- Read: Stocks and Flows
- Bonus Activity: Causal Loop Diagrams Worksheet
- Watch Systems Dynamics
- Read: Thinking in Systems
- Activty: Systems Observation Worksheet
- Read: Systems Archetypes
- Activity: Tragedy of the Commons
- Activity: System Elements Worksheets
- Watch: Systems Mapping
- Read: Systems Mapping
- Watch: Understanding Systems Relationships
- Read: How to do Cluster Mapping
- Activity Instructions: How to Do a Cluster Map
- Activty: Cluster Mapping Instruction Sheets
- Watch: Moving from Linear to a Circular Economy
- Read: The Circular Economy
- Read: Key Concepts and Terms
- Activity: From Linear to Circular Economy Reflection
- Download: Linear to Circular Reflection Worksheet
- Read: The Impact of our Actions
- Read: The Anatomy of Action for a Sustainable Lifestyle
- Activity: The Anatomy of Action Challenge Worksheet!
- Week 2 Knowledge Check Challenge!
- Week 3 Kickoff
- Watch: Week 3 Overview
- Read: Brain Science Core Concepts
- Watch: Introduction to the Human Brain
- Read: Neurochemicals
- Read: Are Humans Rational?
- Watch: Are Humans Rational?
- BONUS: Download the interactive e-book on how the human brain works!
- Watch: Cognitive Bias
- Read: Cognative Bias
- Activity: Busting Bias Worksheet
- Read: Social Norms
- Watch: Understanding Social Norms
- Do: Changing Social Norms Worksheet
- Read and Watch: Cognitive Dissonance
- Do: Cognitive Dissonance Worksheet
- Read: Emotional Intelligence
- Watch: Busting Bias
- Activity: Expand your Emotional Intelligence
- Read: Gamification
- Watch: What is Gamification and why does it work?
- Activity: Game Mechanics Worksheet
- BONUS Download the DIY print and play Designercise Kids kit
- Watch: Designing Impactful Experiences
- Read: Designing Games that Motivate People
- Watch: Human Motivators and Experience Design
- Activity: Design a Game Worksheet
- Week 3 Knowledge Check
- Week 4 Kickoff
- Watch: Week 4 Introduction
- Watch: Citizen Designers of the Future
- Read: Active Citizenship
- Watch: Mastering Change
- Read: Leverage Points
- Do: Behavior Over Time Graph Worksheet
- Watch: Circular Design
- Read: Designing for the Circular Economy
- Watch: What is Circular Design?
- Do: Circular Redesign Worksheet
- Watch: Design and Creativity
- Read & Watch: Design and Creative Change
- Do: Creative Skillset Worksheets
- Watch: Designing Interventions
- Read: Systems Interventions
- Read & Watch: & Activity How to do Interconnected Circles Maps
- Do: Interconnected Circles Map activity
- Read: Personal Ethics and Moral Dilemmas
- Read: Making Change
- Do: Actioning Creative Change Worksheets
- Watch: Thanks and Congratulations!
- Do: Take Another Class!
- Download your completion certificate!
All Courses, Toolkits, Design, Youth
Toolkit | Designercise Kids Kit
A kid friendly version of the popular innovation and design thinking game Designercise. With 4 decks of cards 6 instruction cards, this is a DIY Print and play kit so you can start right away! Great for educators and facilitators.
Design Systems Change Digital Handbook | e-book
Toolkit | Design Play Cards
E-Book | Meet Your Brain | An interactive educational kit for your brain