TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE IN ADDITION TO OUR WEBSITE GUIDELINES. PLEASE READ BOTH THE WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND THE SPECIFIC PURCHASE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE (BOTH ALSO FOUND BELOW) BEFORE YOU SIGN UP.
Your payment helps us make more positive change. We give away a minimum of 20% of all of our content for free, and revenue generated from sales of courses, handbooks and toolkits helps us design, develop and create more creative tools for activating positive change.
Your payment not only covers the expenses of creating and running courses and programs, but it helps us to build forward, to add more programs and projects, and to offer scholarship assistance as part of our equity access policy.
As part of our goal to make our programs equitable, we offer both partial scholarships and payment plans. Our limited number of scholarships are awarded based on demonstrated need to certain select courses and programs. We fund these to promote equitable access to our programs. Please help us build change by only applying for a scholarship if you have a clear need and have no other way of raising the tuition costs.
If you need a scholarship or alternative payment plan for any of our products or services, you can apply here. Requests are reviewed on a regular basis and you will be notified by email only if your request has been approved.
Please note that scholarships are not available for Educator or UnMasters Certification tracks, as they require significant human resources from the UnSchool to manage and run.
GENERAL PAYMENT TERMS
Payments are due upfront before access is granted to a program, unless an installment option is provided. If you sign up for an installment payment plan, you are obligated to make all the payments fully for that course/program, unless you cancel in accordance with our Terms and Conditions outlined below.
Payment plans can only be canceled at the end of the month. You can request a pause on payment plans for up to three months.
GENERAL REFUND POLICY TERMS
For all online and digital products, refund requests must be made within 48 hours of purchase being completed. We do not refund for buyer’s remorse or budgetary reasons so please be thoughtful about your purchases.
To qualify for a refund, you must provide proof of why this curriculum does not work for you. All refund requests are considered on a case by case basis, and issued at our discretion. We reserve the right to deny a refund.
All approved refunds will be processed within 30 days of notification of cancellation. Refunds will only be returned to the credit card used for processing the original payment minus any processing fees. After the 48 hour refund period has passed, no refunds will be issued.
If we have to cancel a program from our side for whatever reason, fully refund you the paid tuition fees within 30 days or offer a swap to another course. We cannot be held liable for any third-party costs, such as travel bookings or accommodation, please be aware you book these at your own risk.
Any transaction fees such as credit card processing fees will not be refunded.
We do not offer refunds on toolkits, handbooks and other downloadable products. If your purchase was not the right fit, we are happy to swap to something else of the same value or offer an equivalent credit for any of our other products.
If you are not happy with your online course, we offer a 7-day swap on any class if you provide justification for doing so. We do not offer refunds after the first 48 hours. After 7 days from sign up we do not offer swaps.
CERTIFICATION TRACKS, SUBSCRIPTIONS & LIVE PROGRAMS
Certification tracks and subscription packs have specific terms (see full details below). For in-person and live programs processed via unschools.online.co, refunds are offered based on the specifications outlined below.
Please send all refund and swap requests to email@example.com
CERTIFICATION TRACKS TUITION PAYMENTS & REFUNDS
In order to make tuition more manageable, the tuition is broken down into smaller monthly payments.
Tuition payments are distributed over monthly payments. To apply for your final certification, your tuition must be paid in full.
- PRACTITIONER - 6 monthly payments
- UNMASTERS - 10 monthly payments
- EDUCATOR - 15 monthly payments
Payment Plans: After 48 hours, there are no refunds provided on payments made to date, but you can withdraw from the program and cancel your remaining monthly payments at any point going forward (we hope this never happens!). Returns will not be processed on what you have already completed and paid for. You will lose access to what you have started from the date your payments stop.
Payments in Full: If you have paid in full upfront, you have 7 days to request a refund. This applies only for Certification Track payments over $1000USD. Refunds will be minus any processing fees.
Track Swaps: We do offer at our discretion the option to change tracks, please contact us to discuss. This is provided on a case-by-case basis at our discretion. You will need to pay additional costs if you upgrade your track, and we can't offer refunds if you downgrade your track. We will do our best to help you with what you need. You can suspend your payments and track progress at any time for up to 3 months without it affecting your progress.
Contact us in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the options so you can retain your progress.
In order to obtain certification for any of our courses or programs, you MUST have paid all your financial obligations and have completed all required course learning challenges and tasks.
This differs for every program, so please check the course documentation to ensure you have completed all required aspects in order to be eligible for the certificate of completion. We reserved the right to refuse certification and to change course requirements at any time.
We reserved the right to revoke any issued certificates or certification at any point for any reason. You are not entitled to use our content, logos, name or brand, unless given permission in writing by a valid UnSchool representative to do so.
- All tuition fees must be paid in full before certification can be applied for and will not be granted unless tuition is paid in full or a scholarship has been issued.
- Completion of your track does not guarantee your certification; you must complete all required elements and submit them to the UnSchool along with a certification request and presentation. This will then be reviewed, and an official letter of certification will be issued along with your certificate.
- Educator Track Certification is reviewed and renewed annually. You must complete a request and required points to renew your certification.
- Certification can be revoked at any time in accordance with the contracted agreement.
- We reserve the right to change training or licensing fees at any time (if this does happen, you will be notified and given the option to opt out).
- As a certified Educator, you must adhere to the UnSchool Brand and Playbook Guidelines for anything related to our brand, method or IP.
- The UnSchool maintains the exclusive rights to all the IP of the content. A certified Educator will be issued with a contract to utilize it based on the agreement.
- You will be issued with a specific certification agreement that outlines all the responsibilities and opportunities that your certification offers.
- Educator certification does not automatically allow you to run UnSchool programs; you must have an agreement with us in place to do so.
- We expect all certified alumni to respect others and act in accordance with the mission, values and objectives of the UnSchool.
- We reserve the right to cancel your subscription or certification at any time.
- If you are the recipient of a scholarship or tuition reduction, you are still required to complete all the challenges and required elements in order to apply for certification.
LIVE ONLINE PROGRAMS AND IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS
Payments are due up front in full to secure your place in the program. We accept payments through this website using a secure online booking service (Stripe). We can also receive direct deposits by request only into our bank account, although there is a small 5% processing fee for direct deposits.
We understand that unexpected things can arise from time to time and a cancellation may have to occur. For our in-person and live online programs only, we offer refunds that are designed to accommodate your needs with consideration to the feasibility of rebooking your spot and potential loss to program revenue.
- Within 48 hours of payment being made, you can ask for a 100% refund minus any processing fees.
- Within 45 days of the program start date, receive a full refund minus a 20% processing fee.
- Within 30 days to 14 days of the program start date, receive a 50% refund.
- Within 14 days of the program start date, you are not eligible for any refund.
- Once the program has started: No refunds are offered if you are unable to continue the program with the live or in person sessions. At our discretion we may offer you a voucher for the equivalent payment amount to be used in our online school. If we issue this, it's when you can clearly demonstrate that your reasons for not attending are unavoidable. If you change your mind we do not offer refunds.
CERTIFICATES AND COMPILATION
The UnSchool is NOT accredited by any third party institution or official body.
Certificates are issued by the UnSchool and a 3rd party platform called Accredible ONLY upon successful and demonstrable completion of all course elements. If you do not satisfactorily complete all the required tasks set up for the program, you will not be eligible for the certification, validation, alumni status or any other award or recognition offered by the UnSchool.
For in-person and live programs, the lead educator will determine if you have satisfactorily completed all required tasks before confirming accreditation or alumni status.
For certification tracks (Educator, UnMasters and Practitioner), this is evidenced through a combination of your process journal, the final challenge interview, mentor sessions and the completion checklist. For short courses and classes, quizzes and other interactive elements built into the program determine your completion status.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW ALL THE COURSE MATERIALS TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL REQUIRED ELEMENTS IN ORDER TO RIGHTFULLY BE ISSUED A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
COMPLETION CERTIFICATES, POINTS AND CREDITS ARE DEPENDENT ON THE CLASS OR PROGRAM BEING COMPLETED. YOU MUST HAVE FULL ATTENDANCE AND/OR ACTIVITIES COMPLETED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY AWARD ISSUED BY THE UNSCHOOL.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REVOKE ALUMNI STATUS, CERTIFICATES, CREDITS AND ANY OTHER UNSCHOOL-ISSUED AWARD AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON.
Each offering on the UnSchool Online has a different duration of access. These are between a few days for downloadable products, through to a year or even two for masterclasses and in-person programs.
CHECK THE DURATION OF YOUR PRODUCT ACCESS TO ENSURE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE ACCESS DURATION TERMS BEFORE SIGNING UP.
- Short and medium length single courses have access for between 30-180 days
- The full Disruptive Design Masterclass has 580 days access
- Live workshops and in-person programs have 360 days access from date of signing up
- Downloadable content such as toolkits and e-books have 5 days access
- Course Packs have 180 days access
- Challenge packs have between 30-180 days access
- Subscription products are offered on a monthly rolling basis. You only have access for the time you are paying for. Once you stop payments you will no longer have access.
In certain cases, we will offer an extension to your access terms. We reserve the right to offer or deny this based on our own discretion. Please email email@example.com with your request and reasons why you need an extension for consideration.
INACTIVITY AND ACCOUNT SUSPENSION
If you are inactive for more than 30 days on any of our platforms then we reserve the right to remove or delete your account. This applies to 30 days of inactivity past the end of your paid program or subscription.
This applies to all platforms that we manage and run including this website, apps and payment services. You can sign up again, but you may lose access to any data or history that you shared in past logins.
BY SIGNING UP TO THE UNSCHOOL, YOU CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
General Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright law. The UnSchool is owned and managed by Disrupt Design LLC referred to as The "UnSchool".
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The UnSchool site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial)
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on UnSchool's web site
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials
- Transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server
- Resell or distribute any content in any format
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The UnSchool at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format
The materials on The UnSchools's web site are provided 'as is'. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, UnSchool does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall UnSchool or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on UnSchool's Internet site, even if UnSchool or an UnSchool authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on UnSchool's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The UnSchool does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The UnSchool may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. UnSchool does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
UnSchool has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the UnSchool of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to UnSchool's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
UPDATED: DECEMBER 2020