In this short introductory course, uncover what life cycle assessment (LCA) is and how to apply life cycle thinking to your creative decision making. We run through how to do a life cycle map as we uncover the secret lives of everyday things and discover ways of accessing life cycle data. Gain the skills to do quick, paper-based life cycle explorations for comparing products and services, know when and how to get LCA data, and then support and apply all the new knowledge through practice exercises.
Uncover what life cycle assessment is and how to apply life cycle thinking in your day to day design decision making
Learn how to do life cycle mapping of products and services
Find relevant life cycle data and learn to review and assess effective life cycle reports
Apply the knowledge through practical activities and downloadable worksheets
Dr. Leyla Acaroglu
UnSchool Founder + Global Change Makerprograms@unschools.co
- Welcome to Our Introductory Class on Life Cycle Thinking
- A Welcome Message From Leyla
- A quick note...before you start
- Watch: What is Life Cycle Thinking?
- Read: What is Life Cycle Thinking?
- Watch: Life Cycle Thinking and Sustainability
- Read: Life Cycle Stages
- Read: How to do Life Cycle Mapping
- Do: Do A Life Cycle Map
- Read: Understanding Inputs and Outputs
- Read: Tips for Developing a Life Cycle Approach
- Download: Life Cycle Mapping Worksheet
- Download: Life Cycle Thinking Activity Pack
- Read: Functional Units, Goal and Scope
- Read: Life Cycle Thinking Tools
- Knowledge Check
- A Message From Leyla
All Courses, Systems Thinking, Sustainability
Overcome linear thinking and unravel the interconnectedness of our world. This 5-part course will get your head around systems thinking and give you the tools you need to understand the complex social, industrial, and environmental systems at play.
Introduction to the Circular Economy
Circular Systems Design Handbook | e-book